Home > Authors > Julio Pavanetti
Poet, President of Liceo Poético de Benidorm (Uruguay/Spain)
(Montevideo, Uruguay, 1954)
He is a writer, a poet and a cultural manager and belongs to the generation of young people who suffered under the rigors of the country’s military dictatorship. Facing a very difficult socio-political situation, he decided to leave Uruguay and in 1977 settled permanently in Benidorm (Spain).
• Co-founder and current President of the “Liceo Poético de Benidorm”
• Honorary Vice President of the “World Organization of Poets, Writers and Artists”.
• Consul of the “International World Poets Movement” for Foreign Uruguay.
• Cultural Delegate for Uruguay of “Hispano-American Union of Writers”.
• Official representative in Alicante of the “Cultural Movement aBrace” establish in Brazil and Uruguay.
• Member of the “Association of Spanish Writers and Artists”.
• Member of the “World Network of Writers in Spanish”.
• Member of the “World Poetry Movement”.
He has participated in several international festivals of poetry representing Spain and/or Uruguay. His Bibliography includes four books and four anthologies. He has been included in fifteen anthologies. His poems have been translated into English, Italian, Arabic, Romanian, Portuguese, Croatian, German and Dutch and have been published on innumerable national and international newspapers and literary magazines, both in digital and printed format.